High-efficiency LOEWE C-DUCT
Your investment in a LOEWE Compact Duct (LOEWE C-DUCT) is budget-neutral because it will pay for itself in next to no time
Your benefits from installing a LOEWE C-DUCT:
- enhanced efficiency that you can leverage for reduced fuel consumption (3% - 9%) or higher ship speed
- reduced emissions
- reduced tension damage
- reduced propeller-excited vibration (vibration slashed by 50%!)
- optimised comfort for crew
- cost-effective to retrofit
- no follow-up costs
- can pay for itself in as little as one year
- Our LOEWE C-DUCT – typically dimensioned at about 44% of the propeller diameter – is a refinement of the Wake Equalizing Duct (WED) that was developed by Prof. Schneekluth in cooperation with the Duisburg Research Laboratory and which has a successful track record in international ship building dating back to the 1980s.
- In the past 25 years, more than 2,500 ships have been built and retrofitted with WEDs.
- Retrofitting a LOEWE C-DUCT does not require any modifications or changes to propeller design.
- Our LOEWE C-DUCTs offer superior fatigue strength compared with stators and other much larger WEDs.